Student Opportunity Fund & Support Services

Students work hard each and every day to be the best scholars, employees, friends, family members and people they can be. Managing multiple priorities can be a challenge.  There are times, circumstances, situations and events that may prompt a student to need assistance. Whether you are looking for long-term support, occasional guidance or financial support, Hendricks Chapel is here to help.

Below is a list of our support services for students, as well as a list of our campus partners who offer support programs and aid. We invite you to reach out to us with your needs.  Contact Hendricks Chapel with questions at 315.443.2901 or


Food Pantry

The Hendricks Chapel Food Pantry is stocked with food and personal care items, available to all students with a valid Syracuse University or SUNY ESF ID. Students can visit the pantry as needed, up to once a week, dependent on the unique needs of each student. To learn more, visit the Food Pantry website.


Financial Support

Unexpected and difficult situations can happen to anyone at any time.  Through the generous support of donors, Hendricks Chapel is able to assist students experiencing financial hardship. Mini-grants are available to meet a wide range of needs and to provide access to opportunities. Categories of support include food, clothing, emergency travel, emergency health care and other non-academic expenses. Our goal is to ensure access to academic enrichment opportunities to all students that would otherwise be unavailable to them. Hendricks Chapel works with partners across campus to ensure students with needs receive prompt and effective assistance. To inquire about these grants, contact Hendricks Chapel at

Learn more about the Student Opportunity Fund in SU News.

Supports can donate to the endowment in order to build and sustain the fund for future generations of students. Make your gift to support student success today.


Group Therapy for Grief and Loss

As a virtual safe space, a new group therapy series will support students in identifying and processing grief and losses of all kinds. All students are welcome. This group will be led by chaplains and therapists from Hendricks Chapel and the Barnes Center at the Arch.

The current group is closed, but additional dates for the Fall 2020 semester will be added. Please check back here or follow Hendricks Chapel on Facebook or Instagram for updates.


Faith-Based Counseling

Select Hendricks Chapel chaplains from a wide array of faith traditions have professional experience in faith-based counseling and are available to assist students, staff and faculty in need. Chaplains offer counseling on a diverse range of personal issues including, but not limited to personal and faith identity, anxiety, grief, life transitions, and pre-marital counseling. Chaplains are confidential resources on campus.

For appointments or referrals, you can contact chaplains directly or call the Hendricks Chapel main office at 315.443.2901.


Other Campus Resources

Barnes Center at the Arch Counseling


150 Sims Drive


Barnes Center at the Arch Health


150 Sims Drive


Career Services


Women’s Building, Suite 214


Department of Public Safety

315.443.2224 (emergency and non-emergency)

005 Sims Hall (non-emergency only)


Disability Cultural Center


Bird Library, Room 458

The Disability Cultural Center (DCC) can help disabled students identify campus and community supports for a variety of concerns related to disability, recovery from substance abuse, access/accommodations, housing, and food. We also offer peer mentoring by and for disabled students. Contact the DCC at for more information.


Financial Aid and Scholarship Programs


200 Bowne Hall

Contact your financial aid officer

The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarship Programs offers federal, state, and institutional need-based aid to our undergraduate students. Our financial aid staff can help you navigate the aid application process and can assist students experiencing family financial distress. We encourage you to contact our office via the email form or phone number above or to make an appointment with your personal financial aid counselor through Orange Success.


LGBT Resource Center


Bird Library, Room 548

The Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender Resource Center (LGBT RC) works with students directly or through the Dean of Students Office case managers to identify support directly from our budget or through third-party organizations and foundations that can offer emergency assistance for students experiencing a variety of concerns such as emergency housing, groceries, travel, and other non-academic expenses related to loss of support from guardians due to their LGBTQ+ identities. To inquire about this assistance, contact


Office of Disability Services

Phone Voice: 315.443.4498

TDD: 315.443.1371

804 University Avenue, Suite 303


Office of Housing, Meal Plan and ID Card Services


Steele Hall, Room 206

Living on campus can provide students the opportunity to live in a comfortable and safe environment. If you are interested in exploring on campus opportunities please contact the Office of Housing, Meal Plan and ID Card Services at


Office of Multicultural Affairs


Bird Library, Room 548

The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) is more than just a place to participate in a program. OMA is place where you can find someone who will listen to you and that can provide community and support. It can be a place where you can find a “home.” Participating in a mentoring program is a great way to actively learn how to navigate the campus and to be supported in engaging in the student experience. For more information contact


Dean of Students Office


Steele Hall, Suite 306


Office of Student Living (Formerly Residence Life/Off-Campus and Commuter Services)


111 Waverly Avenue, Suite 200


Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities


804 University Ave, Suite 106


Student Employment Services


210 Steele Hall

Student Employment is your resource for all on-campus and off-campus job opportunities. Student employees work an average of 8-10 hours per week in a variety of roles, and employers will schedule shifts around your classes. All jobs are posted on Handshake at:, and you will find both Federal Work-Study and Non-Federal Work-Study opportunities. Representatives from Student Employment are here to assist you with your job search, employment documents, and with helping you resolve any work issues you may encounter. Contact them at 


Student Legal Services


Marshall Square Mall, 720 University Avenue


The Lillian and Emanuel Slutzker Center for International Services


310 Walnut Pl


Title IX


Steele Hall, Suite 005

Title IX Coordinator -