Lutheran Campus Ministry
Expanding Minds, Deepening Faith, Inspiring Service.
LCM at SU and SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry is a dynamic community, rooted in worship that nurtures growth and inspires service in the name of Christ.
- Community Life - Make friends and explore what faith means for others and to you. Grow spiritually through mini-retreats, bible studies, interfaith dialogues, workshops on Spirituality and the arts, and more. Join in hands-on service, and explore careers through the STEP Center. Play and pray with SULSA.
- Worship Life - NOON on Sundays we gather in the Noble Room of Hendricks Chapel. Our goal is Dynamic Worship connecting us with God to make a difference in our lives. Music is an important part of our service; praying twice with hymns and songs from around the world. Students take leadership in planning and leading worship. Liturgy is creative changing with the seasons of the church year. Sundays at noon, staff, faculty and students gather moving chairs to create an informal and reflective space which we quickly rearrange after worship to host our weekly Sunday brunch.
- The Step Center - Expose yourself to a world beyond the University - step into another's world and then out together to make a difference! Short and long term hands on service opportunities, as well as service learning tied to your field of study.
- SU Lutheran Student Association (SULSA) - Weekly gathering for food and fun! See "Religious Groups" for more information.
- Ecohouse Ministry - Support for students who want to live an environmentally sustainable lifestyle with opportunities to learn together and share with others their commitment to caring for creation.
- Student Leaders - Exercise and deepen your leadership abilities. Lutheran Campus Ministry programs are planned run by students with the support of the Chaplain. Positions available for: STEP Center Board, Music Ministry, Public Relations - Social Media, Peers Leaders Team - 6-hour weekly commitment with small stipend. For an application for Peer Leaders Team, Music Ministry, or work study office assistance, please email: email@example.com or call 443-2439.
- LCM Office - Come hang out in the lower level of Hendricks Chapel!
- Sunday Worship – Noble Room, Lower Level of Hendricks Chapel – Noon
- Sunday Brunch – Noble Room, Lower Level of Hendricks Chapel – 1 p.m.